My job plans at the beginning of the course were to continue to flight instrict and look for a job flying for a freight or corporate operation. They haven't changed much. I'm still flight instructing, however I did manage to get hired at a on-demand freight operation so I won;t be flight instructing full time for very much longer. My plans didn't change much due to the fact that I think I had a pretty solid plan coming into the course as this is my last semester at Eastern.
My action plan once I graduate will be to start my job in January, flying freight out of Willow Run Airport while continuing to build hours and expand my knowledge of the aviation industry.
I think the most useful topic that we discussed in Senior Seminar was the duty time regulations. I had learned these regs prior to the class but I was still a little hazy on exactly what they were and the need to research them for the blog enabled me to refresh my knowledge as well as learn some things that I didn't already know about the differences in rest regulations between cargo and passenger operations.
The least useful topic that we covered in class was the Chinese competitor to Boeing. Other than the fact that Comac is trying to get their 2 aircraft up and running and into the US market, there wasn't a whole lot of substance to the discussion. It seems like the issue is mainly political and I really don't feel that it has much of a bearing on the immediate future of our careers like some of the other topics we discussed.
No comments:
Post a Comment